Thursday, November 13, 2008

Awkward Moments

Some funny things that students inform me of:

1. My students politely informed me that germaphobe (which looked up in the Dictionary is under the main heading of Mysophobia) is not a word. So I told them "Well, if it isn't a word then I am making up my own word like Beyonce did with bootylicious. Which, I might add, is now in the Dictionary." The students looked at me like I was crazy and then asked me what Bootylicious meant! I asked them if they had ever heard the song by Beyonce and they said no! I was in shock because yes the song has been out for awhile (2001) but I am not that old and the students had never even heard of it. That was an awkward conversation.

2. Apparently, according to some of my students, if you are always hanging out with someone and they are your best friend or "partner in crime", they become known as your "butt cheek" because you are always together. Well, that was a new word to my master teacher and myself. We were laughing so hard. I am not that old but apparently there is some new lingo around the schools.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hahahahahah! Well Brezzy... if I recall you've been making up your own words for a while now...

Not all dumbs are blonde. Right Brezzy??

Nadim Najm said...

butt cheek! that's awesome! i think i'm going to start using that :)

question... if you have multiple best friends, does that mean you have multiple butt cheeks?

that could be a little awkward... ask your kids and get back to me :)